DID YOU KNOW?
Pure Olive Oil has the same health-promoting monounsaturated fats like extra virgin olive oil, but it doesn’t pack the same antioxidant punch. because it is not cold-pressed (raw). The heat used in the extraction process for pure olive oil disperses the antioxidants. The pure variety does provide a more neutral flavor and light golden color than extra virgin, so it’s great for cooking and baking where you want a touch of that olive essence. It’s also great for grilling, frying, roasting, and sautéing vegetables and meats.
HERE ARE SOME USEFUL TIPS IN USING PURE OLIVE OIL:
- Create a salad dressing with fresh herbs and tangy vinegar.
- Combine with lemon juice and black pepper for a classic marinade.
- Use on roasted or braised meats (and accompanying veggies!)
- The perfect frying companion for breaded meats, vegetable appetizers, and more.
- Substitute the mayo in your favorite potato or macaroni salad recipe.